The advanced, eight-megapixel camera has autofocus, a dual-LED flash and simple sharing tools. There is also a front-facing VGA camera for easy self portraits. Video play and capture is available with Carl Zeiss optics and HD 1080p.
The design and aesthetics of the phone is all about simple and clean lines. The Nokia Lumia 820 measures 4.88 x 2.69 x 0.38 inches, and it weighs 5.57 ounces. The rectangular shape of this bar phone has soft rounded edges. The slim and compact design of the phone accommodates a 3.5 mm audio jack on the top and a micro USB port on the bottom. All physical buttons are on the right side of the phone and they include a volume rocker, power on/off button and a physical camera shutter button. The screen of the phone gives you the best display when you switch from one application to the next using sensors like the 3D Accelerometer, Ambient Light Sensor and Gyroscope Sensor.
The Windows Lumia 820 has a internal memory of 1000 MB and a mass memory of 32 GB. The memory can be expanded up to 64 GB using micro SD or micro SDHC cards. The Lumia 820 is powered by a 1650 mAh Li-Ion battery that supports up to 15.4 hours talk time on 2G and up to 8.1 hours on the 3G network. The battery also supports up to 360 hours of standby time on the 2G and 3G networks.
The Lumia is equipped with convenient, free apps like streaming music and voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation. Even make your phone your own with a variety of personalization options. Other features include NFC technology, HAC compatibility and access to over 100,000 applications via Windows Marketplace.
Staying connected with the world is a piece of cake on the Nokia Lumia 820. The phone brings internet connectivity to your fingertips with GPRS, EDGE, 3G, Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot tethering. The phone is also equipped with Bluetooth for wireless file transfer. The Nokia Lumia 820 is the ultimate travel buddy thanks to the A-GPS and GLONASS with Nokia Maps.
- Windows Phone 8 interface is fantastic. Metro UI is user friendly.
- Everything runs fast and smooth. The speed is reported to be better than that of iPad3.
- Outstanding camera quality - for both pics as well as video.
- Wireless charging.
- Voice recognition works very well, especially in conjunction with texting. Can have full text conversations without even touching the phone, which comes in very handy.
- The device has a great size - neither too small, nor too big.
- Screen is very bright and easy to read. Viewing angles are awesome.
- Touch sensitivity reported to be better than HTC Sense. Can operate it even with your gloves on.
- Keyboard is reported to be best among other high-end phones.
- Amazing speaker quality.
- Total integration with Facebook. All information, photos, news, updates in your contact list itself - no need to open a browser.
- You may not find all the desired maps.
- Non-customizable to the extent you can do in an Android.
- Operating System: Windows Phone 8
- 8 MP Primary Camera
- 4.3-inch AMOLED ClearBlack Capacitive Screen
- Weight: 5.6 ounces
- 1.5 GHz Dual Core Snapdragon Processor
- Secondary Camera Support
- Wi-Fi Enabled
- Wireless Charging
- Expandable Storage Capacity of 64 GB
Reviewed by Garg Ankit Rating: